Strawberry essential oil does not exist and there is nothing nice about artificial fragrance.
So this recipe is my way of getting a lovely mild strawberry scent into a scrub, the healthy way! Freeze-dried strawberry is usually found in the dried fruit aisle of the supermarket, or you can try these guys.
Makes: 255 g | 9 oz Prep time: < 5 min.
5 g | 0.2 oz freeze-dried strawberries
200 g | 7.1 oz sugar
50 g | 1.8 oz coconut oil
5-10 drops of essential oils
My choice of essential oils…
My favourite essential oil in this recipe is lime, but don’t be limited by my suggestions. Use oils that fit your budget, or those that you already have in your collection. Read here for more information.
- Using a blender or food processor, mill strawberries and 100 g | 3.5 oz of sugar until fine in consistency. Transfer into a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
- Transfer into
THERMAL APPLIANCE METHOD
- Add strawberries and 100 g | 3.5 oz of sugar to thermal appliance bowl and blitz for 30 seconds on high speed. Scrape down sides and repeat if required, until ingredients are fine in consistency.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix for 5-10 seconds on low/medium speed. Scrape down sides and repeat if required, until ingredients are combined.
- Transfer into container of choice.
Use in shower on wet skin and massage gently over entire body. Rinse with warm water.
- You may need to give it a mix with a spoon/wooden stick before each use as it has a tendency of setting.
- Blitz the sugar to a finer consistency if you want to turn this into a refreshing face or lip scrub.
- Add some dehydrated lime zest to step one if you please or swap out the strawberries for any other freeze-dried fruit.
- Don’t use fresh fruit – the scrub just won’t last longer than a few days if you do.
- I strongly suggest you check out the blog posts under “Recommended Reading“.