I will admit, it took a while to get him off the supermarket crap as there was no way he was going to rub a balm into his hairy pits. I kinda don’t blame him and kudos to you, if you or your husband are happy with the balm; keep using it! A spray was so much easier to gently persuade him, and I imagine it would be a hit among the teenagers too.
This spray deodorant formula is a LONG time coming. I have used it flat out over the past few months and even after a game of netball in goal attack, still no stink. My husband says by the very end of a long day he may smell a
Read this blog for tips on transitioning to natural deodorant. Happy spraying!
Spray Deodorant with Magnesium
Makes: 80 g | 2.8 oz Prep time: < 5 min.
15 g | 0.5 oz hot water (see recipe notes)
15 g | 0.5 oz magnesium chloride flakes
50 g | 1.8 oz witch hazel
20 drops of essential oils
My choice of essential oils…
My favourite essential oils in this recipe are tea tree, patchouli and lemongrass, but don’t be limited by my suggestions. Use oils that fit your budget, or those that you already have in your collection. Read here for more information.
1. Add hot water and magnesium to a bowl and mix until all magnesium has dissolved.
2. Add remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
3. Transfer into
Apply 1-2 sprays under each arm, onto clean armpits. Since oil and water don’t mix, you’ll need to shake well prior to each use.
- Water should be distilled, purified or pre-boiled and cooled to extend shelf life.
- If you remove hair prior to applying deodorant, you may feel a sting. It does subside but I recommend removing hair at night, and not applying anything until morning.
- See my magnesium oil recipe for notes on the benefits of magnesium.
- I strongly suggest you check out the blog posts under “Recommended Reading”.
Author, Advocate & Founder
With a background in health promotion, Krissy's passion is to educate and increase awareness on reducing the number of toxins that people expose themselves to on a daily basis, through an honest, simple and realistic approach.
She has sold over 20,000 self-published books and is now published as the author of Naturally Inspired, Simple DIY Recipes for Body Care and Cleaning.
Her recipes have taken her to the screen on more than one occasion, with morning TV appearances, and she received recognition as a ‘Woman Who Will Change The World’ in the AusMumpreneur business awards in 2018.