A long soak in a bath is something I think we all need to treat ourselves to every now and then. If a full-body bath is out of the question, go for a foot bath; we absorb a great deal of goodness and expel
Epsom salt works to detox, soothe and relax the body, and aids in reducing inflammation; citric acid softens water and helps to give bath bombs their fizz; bicarb is antifungal, antiseptic and gently exfoliating, and excellent at eliminating
Peppermint Bath Salts
Makes: 500 g | 17.6 oz Prep time: < 5min.
300 g | 10.6 oz epsom salt
100 g | 3.5 oz citric acid
100 g | 3.5 oz sodium bicarbonate (bicarb)
1 tbsp ground spirulina
20 drops of essential oils
My choice of essential oils…
My favourite essential oils in this recipe are peppermint and
1. Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined.
2. Transfer into
Add 1 cup of mixture to a running bath of warm (not hot) water. Soak for at least 20-30 minutes.
- If you want the layered look (as pictured), make another batch without spirulina. Or split this batch and only add spirulina to half. Then layer in a glass jar.
- The spirulina will turn the bath slightly green. Not enough to stain anything. If you find the bath salt goes hard in the jar, use a spoon to break it up.
- Adding one teaspoon of vitamin C powder to bath water while it is filling, helps to neutralise the chlorine present in unfiltered tap water, and I highly recommend getting some. For more info about the effects of chlorine, head over to the Super Soak Bath Salts recipe.
- I strongly suggest you check out the blog posts under “Recommended Reading”.
Author, Advocate & Founder
With a background in health promotion, Krissy's passion is to educate and increase awareness on reducing the number of toxins that people expose themselves to on a daily basis, through an honest, simple and realistic approach.
She has sold over 20,000 self-published books and is now published as the author of Naturally Inspired, Simple DIY Recipes for Body Care and Cleaning.
Her recipes have taken her to the screen on more than one occasion, with morning TV appearances, and she received recognition as a ‘Woman Who Will Change The World’ in the AusMumpreneur business awards in 2018.