Don’t waste your money on commercial make-up remover. Not when an ingredient as simple as coconut or olive oil can do the job while simultaneously nourishing the delicate skin on your face.
If you want to go that step further and have some lovely make-up remover made up and on hand, then you must try this recipe. A few simple ingredients and less than 2 minutes of your time is all that is required!
You’ll notice I have INIKA make-up in the background… Organic, beautiful, lasting. Three things I am now very fond of when it comes to painting my face (not that I do it often!!). Oh, and they’re Aussies, YAY!!
Makes: 85 g | 3 oz Prep time: < 5 min.
1 tsp liquid castile soap
5 drops of essential oils
1 tbsp coconut oil
¼ cup hot water (see recipe notes)
My choice of essential oils…
1. Add castile soap and essential oils to a bowl and swirl gently to combine.
2. Wait a few minutes (this gives the essential oils time to disperse within the castile soap).
3. Add coconut oil and hot water and mix until
4. Transfer into
Dip cotton wool or reusable cloth pad into
- Water should be distilled, purified or pre-boiled and cooled to extend shelf life.
- To make this recipe even easier to use, add mixture to a spray bottle and spray your cotton wool/reusable cloth pad.
- I strongly suggest you check out the blog posts under “Recommended Reading”.
Author, Advocate & Founder
With a background in health promotion, Krissy's passion is to educate and increase awareness on reducing the number of toxins that people expose themselves to on a daily basis, through an honest, simple and realistic approach.
She has sold over 20,000 self-published books and is now published as the author of Naturally Inspired, Simple DIY Recipes for Body Care and Cleaning.
Her recipes have taken her to the screen on more than one occasion, with morning TV appearances, and she received recognition as a ‘Woman Who Will Change The World’ in the AusMumpreneur business awards in 2018.