Don’t waste your money on commercial make-up remover. Not when an ingredient as simple as coconut oil can do the job while simultaneously nourishing the delicate skin on your face.
If you want to go that step further and have some lovely make-up remover made up and on hand, then you must try this simple recipe. A few simple ingredients and less than 2 minutes of your time is all that is required!
You’ll notice I have INIKA make-up in the background… Organic, beautiful, lasting. Three things I am now very fond of when it comes to painting my face (not that I do it often!!). Oh, and they’re Aussies, YAY!!
Makes: 85 g | 3 oz Prep time: < 5 min.
1 tsp liquid castile soap
5 drops of essential oils
1 tbsp coconut oil
¼ cup hot water (see recipe notes)
My choice of essential oils…
- Add castile soap and essential oils to a bowl and swirl gently to combine.
- Wait a few minutes (this gives the essential oils time to disperse within the castile soap).
- Add coconut oil and hot water and mix until
oilhas dissolved and mixtureis combined.
- Transfer into
Dip cotton wool or reusable cloth pad into
- Water should be distilled, purified or pre-boiled and cooled to extend shelf life.
- To make this recipe even easier to use, add mixture to a spray bottle and spray your cotton wool/reusable cloth pad.
- I strongly suggest you check out the blog posts under “Recommended Reading“.