This was one of the first scrubs I ever made. I remember how in awe I felt when I realised I could make my own scrub for less than $2 and achieve the same results as the store-bought stuff. I haven’t sent money on a commercial body or face scrub since and I haven’t looked back.
Raw honey is naturally antibacterial, full of antioxidants, moisturising and soothing, and clarifying, helping to open pores; coffee is anti-inflammatory and contains some antioxidants; sodium bicarbonate is anti-fungal, antiseptic, and lightly exfoliating; and coconut oil is wonderfully hydrating – what a combo!
So enjoy this cheap and easy scrub which also happens to make a gorgeous gift!
Makes: 150 g | 5.3 oz Prep time: < 5 min.
20 g | 0.7 oz coffee beans
50 g | 1.8 oz sodium bicarbonate (bicarb)
10 g | 0.4 oz coconut oil
20 g | 0.7 oz honey
50 g | 1.8 oz sugar
- Using a blender or food processor, mill coffee beans until fine in consistency. Transfer into a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
- Transfer into
THERMAL APPLIANCE METHOD
- Add coffee beans to thermal appliance bowl and blitz for 10 seconds on high speed. Scrape down sides and repeat if required, until coffee beans are fine in consistency.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix for 5-10 seconds on low/medium speed. Scrape down sides and repeat if required, until ingredients are combined.
- Transfer into
- You can skip step one if you use ground coffee (just make sure it is fully dehydrated).
- I strongly suggest you check out the blog posts under “Recommended Reading“.